Install on RAID Controller

Hallo!

I want to install a Woody on a system which has a RAID-controller: Promise FastTrak 2000 Neither the bf24 nor the normal kernel recognize the controller (so not the array).

I got the open-drivers from Promise, download the 2.4.18-5 kernel-source deb-packet, tarbunzipped it and made a link to "linux".

So I compiled the Promise modules, started the new computer, booted the bf24 install-image and wanted to load the modules from a floppy. First that failed because of the different kernel-version: "2.4.18" instead of needed "2.4.18-bf24".
So i compiled the modules again after adapting include/linux/version.h.

Now loading still fails, the debug-VT tells me something of "not enough free disk-space" ...

What the hell does THIS mean?

Saluti!

Ludwig