Issue mounting NFS directory

Hello, all

I have a couple of computers linked through NIS/NFS, using the
automounter for mounting home directories. The power failed this
afternoon, but all the computers are fine except for one. One computer
cannot properly mount the exported home directories. The automounter
does not error, however, when logging in as a user, the home directory
is not available for that user. When you cd into /home and try cd'ing
into someone's directory, it's not found. So I tried manually mounting
the /home directory from the nfs server, and the problematic computer
chokes and says that it couldn't mount the directory because of
"Permission denied by server". This can't be the case because the nfs
server accounts for all computers in the subnet - and it was working
fine prior to the power failure.

On the server when I do anything that involves the nfs tools, I get
this: "stud:/home: Invalid argument", where stud is the client that is
having trouble mounting the home directory. I have tried unexporting all
stuff, restarting the nfs-kernel-server, rebooting both computers;
nothing seems to work. And yet, all the other computers on the subnet
have absolutely no problem.

What does this "invalid argument" on the server mean?
Why does stud report that the server is denying it access when it
shouldn't be?

Thanks
/ian