mutt compressed folders support ???

[1] Is mutt in stable (v1.4i) ``compiled with compressed folders support
(by running the configure script with the --enable-compressed flag)''?

[2] How does this work?  I see these:
	open-hook \\.gz$ "gzip -cd %f > %t"
	close-hook \\.gz$ "gzip -c %t > %f"
	append-hook \\.gz$ "gzip -c %t >> %f"

[3] Does this work only with gzip'd mbox mail folders?

[4] Can this be made to work with maildir contents in TGZ format?

I am trying to build a model that works and is functional.  Whatever
suggestions I get will be quickly tested.

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .