Can't launch Tuxracer since dist-upgrade a while back

I've been happily running Sid on two desktops for over a year.  I recently
dist-upgraded my home machine when KDE 3.1 started filtering into stable.  I
didn't remove KDE 2.2 beforehand, if it matters.  After the upgrade, KDE
seems to be fine (lost KMail like everyone else), but I have a strange
problem - I can't launch Tuxracer or Quake2.  If I try from Konsole as either
user or root, bash tells me "command not found".  I tried removing and
reinstalling Tuxracer but still cannot launch it - still get "command not
found".   I don't know if it is a coincidence that they are both 3D games.

Does this make any sense?  I don't care that much about quake, but I have a
four year old who is desparate to play "Penquin Racing" again.

Thanks for any ideas.

btw, I'm using the nVidia drivers for my TNT2 ultra and the nVidia splash
still comes up when X starts.  My XFree is whatever is in Sid, 4.2.1 iirc
--
David Bruce