defoma not creating truetype directory?

I just upgraded my laptop to "testing".  I then installed the latest
msttcorefonts to get Microsoft fonts.

The problem I'm seeing is that defoma is not creating a TrueType font
directory (there is no /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d directory).

But, it is installing the Microsoft fonts into the postscript directory
(/var/lib/defoma/gs.d) so I know they're being installed.

I've run "defoma-reconfigure", I've uninstalled defoma (which
uninstalled the other packages) then reinstalled defoma and then the
other font packages including msttcorefonts, but still no joy.

What do I have to do to get defoma to create an X TT configuration
directory?

I have other Debian boxes and they all seem to have this directory
properly created and I don't know what the difference is: I don't
remember doing anything differently.

Ideas?

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools