Re: Enabling frame-buffer support in debian kernel

Thanks Seneca, did the trick. (Seems obvious now...)

Steve

Seneca wrote:

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 06:51:13PM +0000, Steve Webster wrote:
I'm trying to enable frame-buffer support while configuring kernel-source-2.4.18, but all I get is a greyed-out list of choices in xconfig.

This is what I've done....
[...]
d) in /usr/src/linux did "make-kpkg kernel_image --added-patches debianlogo,preempt" which adds the
           debian patches and executes xconfig

...and that's about as far as I get. I can't see what choices I've made that could have disabled frame-buffer and I can't find any relevent patches.

You don't need a special patch.  Try enabling an option that you have
not enabled before.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can get this working?

Select "Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers".