Re: emacs color problem

hi Michael,

> What color is the area where there is no text?  Is it gray
> (DarkSlateGray)?  Is it possible that you're just setting the wrong
> resource?

The area without text is the right color. I even tried
emacs -bg Blue -fg Green (from the command line)

This gives a Blue background (only where there is no text). The side bar
is green, and the bar where the buffer name is is green also. Text still
black surrounded by white.

I don't think this is an .Xresource problem, but maybe some default thing
is weird. I have 2 computers which have this same issue.

cheers,

Tom