RE: Installing Opera

>>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:49:39PM -0500, David Turetsky wrote:

  	T'would be elegant, I suppose, if I could address this without
  	getting an intellectual hernia... and how might I go about
    adding 'Opera' to my Gnome window (Program, icon, etc)

>>> But Hugh Saunders [hugh@mjr.org] boldly suggests

    no no no, your next project is mutt and postfix...

>>> With barely a moment's hesitation, DT replies

    Tempting! Very tempting!!!

	How about mutt and exim? (Why postfix?)

	Here are some scenarios:

	A: Keep all mail on notebook, as presently. Install linux on
	notebook. Switch to mutt and exim/postfix? Have to review issue
of
	whether linux still requires disk storage within low 4GB. Would
not
	like to rebuild this system, but possible since backup
production
	system is stabilized and current on desktop. Looked into mutt
	support under Windows XP a month ago. Could not install

	B: Move mail function to desktop. Lose mail continuity when
	traveling. Could still read current mail and leave on server for
	subsequent retrieval when back at home base

	C: Don't always have to live life at the edge. Consolidate
gains.
	Catch up on rest and reading backlog. Inquire whether there is
still
	life on the planet away from networked dual-systems

	D: Is life still worth living if it's not at the edge? It's been
	over a week since you last upgraded hardware. Time to see if
Dell
	will support second hard drive on Inspiron 8200 notebook.
Install
	Woody on second drive with mutt and all the other goodies. Now
that
	you've got over 500GB of storage within arm's reach it's time to
	make this stuff really sing! What good are user lists if you
can't
	share the agony and the ecstacy?

	Any feedback?