Re: Best WWW browser..

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 10:10:14AM +0000, Kevin.Bewley@camr.org.uk wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Debian 3.0r1 stable (woody) and am currently using Galon for
> web-surfing. However, it seems to break on some sites - they seem to be
> moaning about Frames support mostly.
>
> Anyway, which browser should I use under gnome to get the most pages
> viewed?

These are all opinions of course...
Galeon is as good as anything else, and better than most.  Nothing
stopping you from using konqueror under Gnome...  Both are good
browsers.

> I'd prefer a .deb package from stable but if not, what do people think of
> the Opera 7 that recently appeared?
>
> http://snapshot.opera.com/unix/353-20030214-P1/

Opera 7 is at *Preview 1* it is not anywhere close to being ready for
primetime.  Opera 6.11 is excellent, and overall I prefer it to Galeon.
But Galeon will view stuff that Opera 6.11 won't (mostly fancy
javascript related things.)

-troy