Re: IP's

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 06:44:23PM -0800, John F. wrote:
> I would like to tell my firewall to deny all connections from any IP
> address.  What would I put as the IP to be blocked?

I don't understand your question.  Are you using ipchains or iptables
(kernel 2.2 or 2.4)?  Are you planning on accepting some packets and
dropping all the rest, or just dropping everything no matter what
(that seems not very useful).  By "deny" do you mean REJECT or DROP?
In any case, I _think_ the answer to your question has something to do
with making the default policy DROP (but I'm not sure).

Once again, the random sig guy strikes gold :-)

  If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd
  better not start writing it.
          -- Edsger Dijkstra