Squid and mail...

Under debian 3 I've set up a small server working as a router of a dsl connection. For this reason I have a firewall like this:
IPTABLES=/sbin/iptables
DEPMOD=/sbin/depmod
INSMOD=/sbin/modprobe
EXTIF="ppp0"
INTIF="eth1"
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr
$IPTABLES -P INPUT ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -F INPUT
$IPTABLES -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -F OUTPUT
$IPTABLES -P FORWARD DROP
$IPTABLES -F FORWARD
$IPTABLES -t nat -F
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $EXTIF -o $INTIF -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $INTIF -o $EXTIF -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -j LOG
$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $EXTIF -j MASQUERADE

Now, I want to protect the internet connection from access to any undesired site (children, you know?) but at the same time I'd like to continue receiving my mail and frequenting newsgroups.
I've been trying to set up squid on the same server but I couldn't no any longer access my pop3, stmp and the NGs (putting of course echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward) from the client.
Being a bit unexperienced could you please give me detailded instructions on how to succeed in my purpose?

Thanks in advance

Vittorio

Invia un sms gratis!
http://freesms.supereva.it/index.php