Re: IMAP-SSL

gabe said:
> Does anyone on this list know which of the IMAP-SSL packages is the  best?
> I'm using sendmail their are a few choices in dselect and wanted  to know
> which was the most stable

sslwrap can SSL-enable any IMAP4 or POP3 server(along with a few other
servers e.g. http, nntp). It works very well. This way your not tied
to a particular mail server. unless you've already chosen one
that supports SSL nativly.

the only downside is I've never been able to compile sslwrap on anything
but debian. since most of my machines are debian that doesn't present
much of a problem :) (haven't tried compiling it in more then 2 years
perhaps things have changed since). oh and debian has sslwrap as a package
I don't mean to imply that you have to compile it to use it on debian!

nate