Re: freeamp problems ?

On Monday 17 February 2003 7:32 am, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:24:14PM +0000, Dave Selby wrote:
> > Is anyone else having problems with freeamp ?
> >
> > I love its user interface but it seems to lock up a lot on my machine
> > PIII 700Mhz, debian woody.
> >
> > I can select a ogg file AOK, it plays AOK but oftern the GUI seems to
> > die, I can move the sliders, select buttons but zip happens. The music
> > continues but I am not in control !
> >
> > Even the x does not kill the application, I have to ctrl-alt-esc & kill
> > it.
> >
> > Has anyone else had these problems ?
> > Is there a work around ?
> >
> > /var/log/messages & syslog report nothing.
>
> Usually only system-level stuff reports here (daemons and the kernel and
> such).
>
> > Any ideas ?
>
> I'd run freeamp from a terminal (such as xterm), so you can see if it
> prints any useful debugging messages.

I have run freeamp from xterm, zip new info, just locks, HOWEVER I noticed
that it sometimes freezes at exactly the same time as my modem droppes the
line. I have a win modem with driver dependency problems. I have had a RS232
full hardware modem on order for 2-3 Weeks from amazon !! I am hopefull the
two are linked and my freeamp will become stable when I remove the winmodem
driver.

If other people are using freeamp AOK then this is my pet theory.

Dave