OT: differences between database models

Debian folk,

I turn to your collective wisdom again as I search for an answer in
a topic that's not Debian-related. I am sure that some people will
find this interesting though. This is *not* for classwork, although it
may sound like that.

The topic is about three different database models: the relational,
the hierarchical, and lastly, the network model. I think I understand
each of them, what I don't quite grasp is how they differ. I am not
only looking for specific features that differ, but also (and more)
for their conceptual differences. Is there anyone willing and able to
enlighten me?

Thank you!

NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc

no keyboard present.
press f1 to continue.
zen engineering.