df

[ Cross-posting to:
      plplot-general@lists.sourceforge.net
      debian-user@lists.debian.org
      help-octave@bevo.che.wisc.edu
  I apologize for the duplicated reception of this message. ]

Dear Debian, PLplot, and Octave users,

New PLplot packages for Debian testing (sarge, not woody) are now available
at http://plplot.sf.net/resources.  These packages are built directly from
the most recent CVS sources of PLplot and will serve as preliminary test for
the next upstream release of PLplot.  They contain some improvements to the
current 5.2.0 official release of PLplot and are apt-getable with the
following lines in /etc/apt/sources.list:

    deb http://plplot.sf.net/resources/debian ./
    deb-src http://plplot.sf.net/resources/debian ./

These packages provide the C, C++, Fortran, Python, Tcl, and Octave bindings
for PLplot, as well as the X11, Tk, Gnome-canvas (experimental) and GD
drivers.  The HTML and PDF forms of the newest Docbook documentation are
included in the plplot-doc package.

Octave users will be pleased to know that we have now a highly functional,
drop-in replacement for the traditional Gnuplot graphical interface.  For
now, the octave-plplot depends on octave2.1 (= 2.1.36), the version of
Octave 2.1 present in Debian testing.

Please test and report bugs to me.  These packages will eventually be
uploaded to Debian unstable, as soon are some transition problems are sorted
out.

Enjoy!

--
Rafael