Re: pbuilder failing

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 19:00:53 -0600, Jason Pepas wrote:
> I am not sure what list to report this to, so I'll start here.
>
> pbuilder for ppc is failing when trying to create a sid base.tgz.
>
> specifically, it can't download libpcap:
>
> (pts/0)root@phaeton:/mnt/nfs/pbuilder$ pbuilder create --distribution sid
> --buildplace /mnt/nfs/pbuilder/tmp/ --buildresult /mnt/nfs/pbuilder/sid/

> E: Couldn't download libpcap0

> pbuilder: debootstrap failed

Looks like your debootstrap is severely out of date. From the debootstrap
changelog entry for 0.1.17.7 (Wed, 21 Aug 2002):
  * Forked "sid" target from "sarge" target, changed "libcap0" to the now
    current "libpcap0.7" and verified that the result works with pbuilder.
    (Closes: #156574)

HTH,
Ray
--
Pinky, Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
Ewww, I think so Brain, but I think I'd rather eat the Macarena.