Re: kernel-package

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 07:18:35AM -0500, Seneca wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 11:39:37PM +1300, Richard Hector wrote:
> > I haven't found this in the docs - does make-kpkg create a new initrd
> > image for me, or do the package scripts do that as part of the install
> > process, or do I need to do it myself (presumably after installing the
> > kernel package and before rebooting)?
>
> man make-kpkg.

You mean the section on the --initrd flag? Yes, I read that. It isn't
explicit about whether it creates the initrd image itself, or gets the
install script to do it or whatever.

I assume it does just work without my further intervention, though I still
don't know whether the image is included in the package or created at
install time. I assume the latter, since it needs to know what modules to
include.

Many thanks,

Richard