Re: ALSA sound setup

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:09:39PM -0500, Chris Mitchell wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:43:25AM -0600, Larry Holish wrote:

> > I think you should be using 'snd-emu10k1', rather than
> > 'snd-card-emu10k1' here. See the note at the top of
> > /usr/share/doc/alsa-base/README.Debian.
>
> Hmm...  My version of that document doesn't mention that, but it does
> sound familiar.  Anyway, I tried it. Stopped alsa, edited
> /etc/alsa/modutils/0.9, replaced both occurrences (one alias and one in
> options), ran update-modules, checked the change had in fact taken effect
> in modules.conf, started alsa... no change.  I wouldn't need to run that
> snddevices script again or anything before it'll take effect, would I?

Okay, now this is odd.  After your changes, lsmod showed that all of the
alsa sound-related modules were *gone*.  So I changed it back, updated
everything, and got a "no alsa driver installed" error.  So I ran
alsaconf *again*.  And got a new error from it:
  miguel# /etc/init.d/alsa start
  Starting ALSA sound driver (version 0.9.0beta10):modprobe: Invalid line
  90 in /etc/modules.conf
	  snd_adc_frame_size
   failed.
  modprobe: Invalid line 90 in /etc/modules.conf
	  snd_adc_frame_size
  miguel#
Anybody know what an adc frame size is and where I can find out what
value goes there for my card? (I googled creativelabs for it and got
nothing)...

	Thanks
	-Chris