RE: Hardware IDE ATA Raid 1 support in Linux Debian - Linux disapointment

Thanks for you msg.
What i'd like to would be to use hardware raid, i'm used to Compaq (HPAQ)
servers whith smart array controller i thought i would get the same kind of
functionality (limited to raid 0 and 1) on this ide controller.

I guess i'll toss out this controller and use the onboard ide controller (1
disk on each channel as i have a SCSI CD-Rom).

Maybe i keep the controller just to try with a newer kernel.

Guess Debian is out of hardware manufacturers linux distro list.

I understand the difficulty to make a "for Linux" driver, and hope that LSB
get's more attention in order to easy this Linux difficulties which M$
doesn't have.

>--
>Got Backup?

OOoops,...nnoope..