Re: How to mount CDROM and CDRW?

On February 14, 2003 01:09 pm, Carlos Jiménez wrote:
> I just installed Debian woody and i've had problems to mount the CDROM
> (hdb) and the CDRW (hdd). In the fstab file appears the following:
> /dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0       0
> Does it mean that CDROM is mounted? Shouldn't the mount point be in /mnt/?
> And if it wasn't mounted, how do i mount it?

mount /cdrom

would mount a data cd on /cdrom if your symbolic link for /dev/cdrom is set
properly. Unfortunately, you probably don't yet know enough to ask the right
question to get the answer that will help you.

You would almost certainly benefit from some newbie help files, like:

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/peripherals/cdrw.html
http://www.justlinux.com/nhf/Hardware/Adding_an_IDE_CD-Writer_to_Linux.html
http://www.justlinux.com/nhf/Filesystems/Filesystems_Directories_and_Devices.html

Give them a try, and feel free to post further questions here.

Hope this helps,
Levi