Re: How to mount CDROM and CDRW?

On Friday 14 February 2003 19:09, Carlos Jiménez wrote:
> I just installed Debian woody and i've had problems to mount the CDROM
> (hdb) and the CDRW (hdd). In the fstab file appears the following:
> /dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0       0
> Does it mean that CDROM is mounted? Shouldn't the mount point be in /mnt/?
> And if it wasn't mounted, how do i mount it?

You mount it with 'mount /cdrom'. What this line does is:

 - mount the device /dev/cdrom (should be a link to /dev/hdb)
 - to /cdrom
 - with filesystem type iso9660
 - read-only, mountable by any user, not automatically at boot

If you want to access the second drive in a similar way, just add another line
like this one with /dev/hdd as the device and another mountpoint (perhaps
/cdrom2 or /mnt/cdrw or whatever, just remember to create the directory).

--
Got Backup?