Re: mounting sound cdroms

--- Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 12:29:40AM -0800, Joris
> Huizer wrote:
> > - mounting manually, won't work - I get:
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock
> on
> > /dev/hdc, or too many mounted file systems
>
> You cannot mount an audio CD.  Can you play it when
> you just press
> play on the front of the CDROM?  If not, is it a
> "copy-protected" CD?

You mean, when inserting in a normal cd player ? it
just goes on and plays everything.
(The computer cd player doesn't  have a  play button)

The cd was bought past year, december - it doesn't
mentioning copy-protection but ofcourse it says
copying and everything is prohibited ...

cdparanoia -v -B just gives a lot of messages with
lots of /dev/ dirs I don't know much about - I
attached a copy of the stuff I get

> --
>  .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
> : :'  :    proud Debian admin and user
> `. `'`
>   `-  Debian - when you have better things to do
> than to fix a system

http://shopping.yahoo.com
        Could not stat /dev/sgd: No such file or directory

Checking /dev/cdu31a for cdrom...
        Could not stat /dev/cdu31a: No such file or directory

Checking /dev/cdu535 for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdu535 for cooked ioctl() interface
                Unable to open /dev/cdu535: Permission denied
        Testing /dev/cdu535 for SCSI interface
                /dev/cdu535 is not a SCSI device

Checking /dev/sbpcd for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/sbpcd for cooked ioctl() interface
                Unable to open /dev/sbpcd0: Permission denied
        Testing /dev/sbpcd for SCSI interface
                /dev/sbpcd is not a SCSI device

Checking /dev/sbpcd0 for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/sbpcd0 for cooked ioctl() interface
                Unable to open /dev/sbpcd0: Permission denied
        Testing /dev/sbpcd0 for SCSI interface
                /dev/sbpcd0 is not a SCSI device

Checking /dev/sbpcda for cdrom...