Replace MS Exchange 2000

After one too many database corruptions in MS Exchange 2000 server. I was able to get my company
to seriously consider a Linux based solution that would replace that stupid thing. I was asked to
research and come up with a comprehensive solution that would address the issues of high volume
email, group calendaring/scheduling, virus protection and a company wide contact list. The issue
of migration comes into mind. Which would probably complicate things (I am not looking just for
freeware solutions).
That?s where you, my fellow Linux geeks, enter the picture.
Could you please help me come up with a robust solution?