Re: File systems -- reiser vs. ext3

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 02:19:22AM -0700, Al Davis wrote:
> The basic question ...  Why choose one over the other?  Technically, what is
> different?

My pick of ext3 was the fact that all the tools that work with ext2
work just as readily with ext3.  I was also able to convert within a
few minutes from ext2 on the command line.

ReiserFS works really well on large partitions with lots of small
files, from what I've heard from other folks, otherwise it's easier
and roughly just as good or better performancewise to go with ext3.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user