Re: mounting sound cdroms

Joris Huizer wrote:

Hello everybody,

I can mount a cdrom with files/programs without any
problem - but when I try to use cdparanoia on a sound
cd it won't work. I tried the following:

- mounting manually, won't work - I get:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
/dev/hdc, or too many mounted file systems

- cdparanoia -B, cdparanoia -s -B give:

Unable to open cdrom drive; -v will give more
information.
You're also going to want to make sure that the wire running from the back of your CD-rom drive to your sound card is intact and connected to the right cd-drive. I had a problem where I was trying to play CDs in my dvd drive, but the wire was actually running to my cd burner.

-Mark.