invisible cursor in X

Hello,
	I've got a problem with X (or something else, don't know.)  When I start
X (via xdm or gdm) my mouse cursor is invisible.  The mouse is there, I can
change focus, and with lots of effort select things and push buttons, but I
cannot see the mouse cursor.  Does anybody have any idea what I may have
done wrong?  I can't find (google) any other reference to this sort of
behavior on the net.  Does this sound like a configuration problem or could
it be something hardware with my video card or something else?

	Any sugguesttions (within reason) would be more than helpful if you
think you can help.

	Thanks.
--
theres no word in english for my style...
---