Re: packages with configuration prompt twice

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 07:32:05PM -0500, Daniel Barclay wrote:
> When I install packages that require configuration, each one goes
> through configuration  (its sequence of questions on the console, or
> its Dialog-based menus) twice.
>
> Is this normal, or do I have debconf set up wrong?

Glad to see I wasn't crazy...

I reported this as a bug some time ago, but the maintainer was never
able to reproduce it.  My current working theory is that it is a
result of having both debconf and debconf-tiny packages installed; I
cannot definitively state that I have ever seen it happen except when
installing debconf and removing debconf-tiny in a single apt-get.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that