RE: Synaptic & can't run in console with "su" or "xhost local:roo t"

One thing you can try is when you su, do an su -p to preserve your
environment.  Other than that, good luck, I could never get X apps to start
when I su'd either??

Good luck,

Barry deFreese
NTS Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell