RE: [solved] Using of RedHat drivers in Debian

OK. It seems that I've solved this. In the case it will be interesting to anybody - here are some key points:

1. RedHat driver from Promise (FastTrack.o) is for RedHat kernel 2.4.18-3
2. My Debian box kernel is 2.4.18
3. depmod -e FastTrack.o gives me no unresolved symbols.
4. cp /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/scsi/advansys.o /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/scsi/advansys_.o
  (just in case)
5. cp FastTrack.o /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/scsi/advansys.o
6. insmod -f advansys
  (a lot of messages here)
7. fdisk /dev/sda1
8. mk2efs /dev/sda1
9. mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1 /raid

Voila - it works. Feeling myself a cool hacker ;-)

10. Some steps to have it loaded on boot - it is not so complex.

Regards,

Vladimir.

Vladimir Kozlov,
IDM Ltd.