Re: Woody, Sarge, SID, WTF?

Rick Macdonald wrote:

If you did "apt-get update" after changing sources.list, then the
subsequent "apt-get dist-upgrade" has you running unstable, which is sid.

That said, is there anyway of backing out of this type of situation i.e. getting back to Woody?
Barry.

by way of Jeff Elkins <jeffelkins@earthlink.net> said:
Howdy List!

I'm exploring Debian via the Koppix CD, which I installed to an empty
partition on my RedHat 8 box.

After installation, I modified my /etc/apt/sources.list to point to:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free

deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib

At this point, I did an apt-get dist-upgrade. Which completed...

So, am I now running Sid, Sarge, or WTF?

I had tried an install via Woody images and had a bad experience. The
Knoppix install worked well, but I'm curious as to where I am after the
apt-get dist-upgrade.

Thanks from a Debian Newbie,

Jeff Elkins