Re: ide-scsi cdparanoia permissions

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 15:49, Robert Ewald wrote:
> robert@debian:~$ cdparanoia -vd /dev/scd0 10 test.wav
>
> <snip>
>
> Checking /dev/scd0 for cdrom...
>         Testing /dev/scd0 for cooked ioctl() interface
>                 /dev/scd0 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
>         Testing /dev/scd0 for SCSI interface
>                 No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device
> /dev/scd0
>
> As root it works just fine.... So i am pretty clueless. I would be most
> grateful if somebody can provide me with a few suggestions. Or point me to
> the relevant source.

You have to give your user (or a group you're in) read/write access to the
relevant generic device which would be /dev/sg<something>. I don't know if
the numbers correspond for scd and sg, so you might have to experiment a
little (if the CD writer is the only "SCSI" device, /dev/sg0 should be it,
though).

--
Got Backup?