From: David Turetsky [mailto:davidturetsky@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 11:58 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: fstab/mount filesystem nomenclature

[My latest on top]

Pigeon, I'm chicken! I think it's safer for now leaving well enough
alone and spending a little more time on pressing real world issues. In
Windows, I've got 160GB (/hde) and 120GB (/hdf) and that's a lot. In
linux, I can see the first partition on /hde and and both partitions on
/hdf. The second partition on /hde is backup for the ms stuff on /hda
(which I can of course read directly) so it's of no special interest to
me in linux. If I need to write anything for subsequent use in Windows,
I can always put it on /hda and get it from the Windows side

Some time back, I copies off 'Large Disk HOWTO' and read enough to have
a sense of the problem. That was back when I first installed potato's
predecessor and had to strap my 32GB drive down to 30GB which was the
max that linux then accommodated

So I consider myself way ahead of the game, and now have Woody running
and can read all of the ntfs files on /hde and /hdf and have Gnome up
and running with my nvidia graphics card

I'm in pig heaven!

When there's more native support for 160GB, I can always revisit the
problem and saw a little more wood off of the end of the plank

Thanks for all of your interest and erudition

--
David