Re: NFS setup problem

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 07:51 am, Phil Beder wrote:
> when I check to status of nfs on the server I';m trying to
>  setup,  the rpcinfo -p "servername" command returns
>
> rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper  RPC: rompte system error
>  - connection refused
>
> the lsmod command shows nfsd, nfs and lockd.  what did I do
>  wrong? what am I overlooking.

Have you checked to see if the network card has been asigned an IP address and
that the network is up?
Do su and ifconfig to see. I network is up it should show an IP address
asigned to your NIC usually eth0.

--
Ken Thompson
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936