Re: envelopes in TeX

Nori Heikkinen <nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu> writes:

> i'm starting to send out resumes and cover letters &c., and want to
> print pretty envelopes in TeX.  should i not bother, and just do it on
> a public printer running windoze on campus?  or is there a package i
> can easily use to print my envelopes to match my letters?

If you are using LaTeX, you can do the following.  I don't know if it
works with plain TeX.

You can put \makelabels right at the top of your *.tex file like this:

>  \documentclass[letterpaper]{letter}
>
>  \special{papersize=8.5in,11in}
>
>  \makelabels
>
>  \begin{document}

If you do this, the last page of the dvi file will be a sheet of
addresses that will fit on a certain size label (I don't remember
which).  The label size might be in the documentation.  Good luck.

Brian