Re: v4l with Pinnacle PCTV Pro

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 03:15, mody@quick.cz wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 11:36:51AM -0500, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> > This is wildly speculative, but seeing the "radio=yes", I'm wondering if
> > the stereo sound is available through there.
>
> Don't know what You mean by "the stereo sound is available through there."
> The card is stereo, audio cable from the TV card to the sound card is
> stereo, mixer setting is stereo, but radio, gradio, xawtv still say mono.
>
> :-(
>
> Mody

Okay, if the radio isn't registering as stereo, then my thoughts weren't
addressing what is likely the problem. You have put in modules.conf the
settings for the tuner and radio, I hope? While I do have a working
Hauppage card here, I'm still not *exactly* sure why it is now working.
The main hint I've had is that the modules involved need to be detected
and implemented in just the right order, which isn't exactly the same
for each card :(
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org