upgrading consequences?

Dear all,

I like to know,
What happens if I upgrade, from testing to unstable?

the major package I installed on testing include:
- gnome 1.4
- mozilla
- xfree86 4.2
- openoffice (from unofficial source)
- abiword, gnumeric, the gimp
- some games and multimedia (xmms, xine)
- apache, mysql, php
- Acrobat Reader (from unofficial source)
- other stuff

I have done upgrade before (a long while back, from woody to unstable), and it was something not quite pleasant for me. It work alright, but I have to make some adjustment here and there. And I think there so much stuff going on unnotice.

I especially like to know about the gnome, xfree, and openoffice stuff.

And actually, what is going on with libc? why haven't it upload to testing yet? (to my understanding, it's what makes so many new stuff left out from testing, please CMIIW).

Best Regards,
arief_mulya