Re: Courier-IMAP Config

Kevin Smith wrote:
Hi All,

I've installed courier-imap and courier-webadmin, however, can someone
please point me to some decent documentation for the Debian platform as so
far I've tried following this manual: http://www.courier-mta.org/ and all
the installation directories are different and half the files seem to be
different or missing.

I'm no expert on this having just done it for the first time

but it seeems to me that courier-imap didn't need much configuring - what I had to work at changing was making exim deliver to maildirs (which courier-imap requires)

I kept getting erros like can't chdir to Maildir (sorry cant remember or find the exact message.

In order to run an a mailserver, does courier-imap install a mailserver by
default, like exim?

you do need to have a smtp server like exim installed yes

I installed the two packages as follows:

apt-get install courier-imap
apt-get install courier-webadmin

Also, when I tried to login into webadmin, it keeps telling me I've entered
an incorrect password.  When I first installed courier-webadmin, it asked me
to enter a password.  And this is the same password I enter for webadmin.

I gave up on webadmin (tried to install it before mysql - and it all went horribly wrong)

I found this usefull

http://www.tty1.net/virtual_domains_de.html

even though I have only implemented parts of it

--

Sean