Re: wu-ftpd security

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Ross Tsolakidis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With wu-ftpd installed, by default the user can ftp to his home directory,
> but can then just go up a few dirs and view the entire filesystem.
> Is there some way to limit wu-ftpd from doing this, I just want the users to
> have access to their own home dirs and thats it.

guest-root /home username

restricted-uid username

allow-uid username

deny-uid %-65535

The allow-uid line has the advantage of not allowing ftp to anyone that
isn't in the allow-uid field.

If they try to go up a level it will give them an error message to the
effect that they are restricted in what they can do.

Mike