Re: Apt-get problem

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 05:56:30AM +0100, Jeff Elkins wrote:
> How can I repair this apt-get problem?  -f does nothing.

No, it wouldn't: -f solves a very different problem. Try:

  dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libarts1_1.1.0-2_i386.deb

Normally I'd suggest filing a bug report too, but I don't think there
was ever a libarts1-bin in Debian. I think the unofficial KDE3 packages
were always provided with the understanding that you might have to
remove and reinstall when the official packages arrived in unstable.
Still, it might be worth a wishlist.