Re: X server for windoze

Hi Russell

I have successfully tried cygwin with XFree86-4 on win2k.
The cool thing is: You can start an X server on your W2k machine, then ssh to
your debian box with PuTTY (with X protocol forwarding enabled), and the X
programs started from the ssh console will show up in the Cygwin server. No
need for xhost & co.
See www.cygwin.com

joerg

> I haven't got rid of the win2k yet, so is there free s/w i
> can install to get X apps on my windoze box via ethernet
> from my debian pc? (i've got win2000 and debian on
separate