Re: WordPerfect 8 on Woody

Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to install Wordperfect 8 on Woody. I have installed libc5 and xpm4.7. I have WP8 on a commercial Corel CD. When I cd to the CD root directory, there I see install.wp. When I type ./install.wp and press Enter I get this message:

debian:/cdrom# ./install.wp
bash: ./install.wp: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
debian:/cdrom#

What does "bad interpreter" mean? What could be the problem?

Thanks

Just for the record I want to say that I did get WordPerfect 8 installed and working. I had to log out of X to the console and then I was able to install WP8. When I log into KDE as non-root user it runs fine. Thanks to all who tried to help, I truly appreciate it. I still don't know what is causing the "bad interpreter" message. That's beyond my knowledge. I didn't get that message when I installed Open Office or RealPlayer or Sun's JRE.

debian_newbie,
Thanks