Re: nvidia drivers conflicting with mesa opengl drivers.

Wim De Smet sez:
} I have on my system the nvidia drivers installed, and these provide the
} (propietary) nvidia opengl drivers. But I can't seem to get apt-get to
} remove xlibmesa because it seems to need that, while it shouldn't
} because I have another openGL version installed. Does anybody know how
} to solve this dependency problem?

I had the same problem. Remove (dpkg -r) the nvidia-glx package, then do
whatever installation/upgrading is causing the dependency issues, then go
into /usr/src/nvidia-glx-<whatever> (the directory installed by
the nvidia-glx-source package) and run dpkg-buildpackage. It will produce a
new .deb in /usr/src which has the right dependencies, and you can install
that.

} thx,
} Wim
--Greg