Re: modem / pon / serial problems

Let me recommend you also look into modconf for configuring modules, and
the various "update" scripts. (I went to /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin, and
/usr/sbin and did "ls |grep update" to find them all. In particular see
update-alternatives.

You'll be a much happier debianese if you know where these things are and
what they do. <g>

Kevin