Re: Ardour debs?

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 08:13:28PM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:22:23PM -0500, stan wrote:
> > I discoverd Ardour today, courtesy of a Slashdot post.
> >
> > Looks like just what I need.
> >
> > Anyone have a line on debs for it?
>
> The general answer is apt-get.org, followed by google, but I think
> ardour is a special case, where the developers asked for it not to be
> packaged yet...I think...
From the ardour FAQ, referring to the question "why no tarballs?", but
I think you could apply it to debs as well:

Why no tarballs?

a) Because at this point in its development, I don't want to deal with
   bug reports from a version that's more than 3 hours old.  I am not
   going to build and upload tarballs every 3 hours.  Ardour sometimes
   changes dramatically internally several times in a day.  CVS lets
   people easily, quickly, cheaply get the latest changes and build a
   completely up-to-date version.

--
James Hughes