Trouble with CSS (Mozilla)

Hi,

	I am trying to duplicate the effects shown at
http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/complexspiral/demo.html . In
Mozilla, I see all the effects perfectly, however, when I try to duplicate
the effects with my test code, I fail miserably. Here is what I have so
far :

trial.html :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//w3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<head>
<title>Trial page</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="try.css" type="text/css" />
<!--
body {
        position: relative;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
}
div#content {
        color: #EED;
        postion: absolute;
        top: 26px;
        left: 150px;
}
-->
</head>

and try.css :

body {background: black url(shell-bg.jpg) 0 0 no-repeat fixed;}
div#content {background: #468 url(shell-blue.jpg) 0 0 no-repeat fixed;}

	The result that I see is that the "Content not in div tag" appears
to be visible and the "Hey there!" is barely visible. I dont see any
background image appear (and yes, the shell*.jpg images are in the same
directory and readable). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jor-el