PHP Fatal error: Unable to start session mm module in Unknown on line 0

Hi All,
I've just tried to install PHP on woody using apt-get install php4
php-cgi. I let it rerun the configure apache script and went to try out a
simple page. This just ended up downloading the source code for the
script. Looking through the apache conf I noticed "LoadModule php4_module
/usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so" was #'ed out so put that back in. Now when
I restart Apache I get

PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm module in Unknown on line 0

Looking through google this was/is a know bug on debian and the fix
appeared to be increase the shared memory space in php.ini. However I
increased mine to 32M and this still didn't work. Any ideas of what I can
try next?

Rgds

Rus