Re: Sharing a printer with SAMBA

Chris wrote:

>Gday y'all,
>Im trying to share a CUPS printer over samba. I can see the printer, but
>when i try to print to it from a windows box i get the message "Access
>Denied, Cannot connect.".

[...]

Don't look to me as an expert.  I did manage to get stuff hooked up,
though.  It's been 18 months or so since my install so all is hazy.

So, first, can you access your ~/ from Windows?  I.e. in windows
explorer click network neighborhood, click a Linux box, click home, and
see your home directory.

If so, use the printer set-up wizard and select the raw (non-filtered)
printer in your printcap.  Use the *Windows* print driver.

There may be some details missing here, so be sure to reread the Samba
HOWTO and other docs.

My smb.conf looks quite a bit different from yours, but if you like,
I'll send you mine for comparison.
--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---