RE: fstab/mount filesystem nomenclature

Disk /dev/hde: 255 heads, 63 sectors, 16709 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 bytes

   Device  Boot	Start	End	Blocks	Id	System
/dev/hde1	*	1	14593	117218241	7
HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hde2		14594	19457	39070080	f	Win95
Ext'd (LBA)
/dev/hde5		14594	19457	39070048+	b	Win95
FAT32

% mount -a
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hde5,
   or too many mounted file systems

[and for fdisk -l /dev/hdf]

/dev/hdf1		1	12238	98301703+	7
HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hdf2		12239	16709	35913307+	7
HPFS/NTFS

[I stand corrected. Both partitions on hdf are ntfs. I had thought I had
made the second one fat32... probably just a mind/memory error]

# etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
/dev/hda1       /c            vfat   defaults           0      0
/dev/hda5       /             ext2   errors=remount-ro  0      1
/dev/hda6       none          swap   sw                 0      0
/dev/hda8       /d            vfat   defaults           0      0
/dev/hde1       /e            ntfs   ro,auto,user       0      0
/dev/hde5       /f            vfat   defaults           0      0
/dev/hdf1       /g            ntfs   ro,auto,user       0      0
/dev/hdf2       /h            ntfs   ro,auto,user       0      0
proc            /proc         proc   defaults           0      0
/dev/fd0        /floppy       auto   user,noauto        0      0
/dev/cdrom      /cdrom        iso9669 ro,user,noauto    0      0

--
David