Re: shuttle disaster

Pigeon wrote:
On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 01:18:14PM -0500, David P James wrote:

I'll give you a difference: liquidity. There are also differing degrees of transferability and risk associated with all the forms of assets that you've listed. I can't just use the tokens anywhere; they are probably only redeemable at that particular arcade, though I might be able to sell them to another arcade-goer at par or at a discount.

I can't just use rupees anywhere; they are probably only redeemable in
India and neighbouring countries, though I might be able to sell them
to someone going to India at the current exchange rate or at a discount.

I don't quite follow what you're trying to say here. In general a foreign currency is subject to much the same liquidity problems as other types of assets. That is, a foreign currency is not the same thing as cash.

--
David P. James
4th Year Economics Student

The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek IV