Re: shuttle disaster

DvB wrote:

>Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

<snip whole bunches>

> Once
>you find a private company or NGO that's willing to provide adequate
>transportation service to my metropolitan area, without making a profit,
>I might also be willing to discuss the possibility of giving them my
>taxes intead of the government.

Now, just exactly why should someone risk their capital to provide you a
service without expecting a positive return?  It looks like what you
really want is for someone else to pay for what you [want to] use.  If
you're not willing to pay full fare, maybe you don't really want it as
much as you say.

If government does not create a (private) monopoly, and profits are
*too* large, competition will arise to create balance.
--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---